About FREE Bionics:
- First team to develop robotic exoskeleton technology for the disabled since 2012 in Taiwan.
- Spin-off from Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI, Taiwan) in 2017.
- Mission: to be the most outstanding provider of solutions for the welfare of human beings.
Powered exoskeleton FREE Walk:
- Robotics: Intelligent, Human-robot coordination
- Bionics: Lightest device for 100 Kg paraplegic, Mimics the most natural human gait
- User Oriented Design: Adjustments for the new user can be done within 5 minutes, Independently to use, Prevent lower limbs from damage
FREE Bionics, ITRI startup (Industrial Technology Research Institute, Taiwan biggest industry research institute), a developer of walking assistive exoskeleton technology founded in 2016.
FREE Bionics aims to become a global leading brand of lower limb robotic exoskeleton by 2019, bringing hope to those with impaired mobility. “To help people stand up again and walk independently has been the main reason that drives our team to devote into technology R&D,” said FREE Bionics Founder & CEO Cheng-Hua Wu. Mr. Wu talked more about his experience in founding FREE Bionics and his plan to merchandize its products to overseas markets.
FREE Bionics walking assistive exoskeleton technology product “FREE Walk” has become lighter and more compact since it was developed in 2011.
It incorporates human-centric design, and constantly gathers feedback from users to meet their needs. Users can easily keep balance and transfer their center of mass forward.
The design is intended for users with height of 150-190 cm, and with weight up to 100 kg.
It fits the users leg profile to reduce bone fracture and pressure sore. Moreover, it takes only five minutes to adjust all the segments and only two wrenches are used while adjusting.